Sunday, April 29, 2018

Markets Around Town

Here are some pics from markets around our city. I love going to all the different markets, it’s fun to meet sweet people selling all kinds of things and food. My favorite story is from the fruit and veggie stand in the pic below. A woman came with a bag of potatoes to unload in the potatoe box while I was picking some out. Y’all... this lady was no younger than 80. She was carrying half her weight in potatoes, it seemed, and just doing her thing. Like a boss. She had probably dug them out of her garden that morning. People here are hard workers and it is humbling to watch.
In my recient trip to the Zaloni Bazzar.  I met a woman who sells honey with her mom. It is the best honey I’ve ever tasted. We chatted a bit in Russian and she gave me her business card. I am excited to go back and buy honey from her again soon! 🍯 









Horse meat! This is a delicacy here. I asked my friend who was moving away what she would miss from Almaty and she said “horse meat!”














Hummmmm. Maybe lamb heads? I’ll pass but thanks. 




I had to include this “shop” or whatever it is. I love that it is right next to the dentist 😂




No comments:

Post a Comment