Wednesday, March 11, 2009
By Andrew Gutierrez
Question to Ask During Moments of Dryness:
1) Do I have a passion to know all that I possibly can about my
Lord? Verses about his deity, prophecy about his first and second
2) Do I enjoy what He enjoys and hate what he hates? Do I know
what these things are?
3) Am I excited about heaven everyday? Am I excited because He
will be there?
4) Do unbelievers or Christians outside of my local church see me
as being loyal to my Lord above any spiritual leader of mine?
Resources for Help:
1) Scripture – OT (Law, Prophets, and Psalms – Luke 24:44) NT –
Gospels, Hebrews, Epistles, Revelation
2) Books – Daily Readings from the Life of Christ by John MacArther, The
Gospel According to Jesus by John MacArther, What Jesus Demands from the World
by Piper, How to Worship Jesus Christ by Joseph Carroll, The Glory of
Christ by John Owen
3) Understand that I am prone to wander
a)Beg the Holy Spirit to keep my fixed on my Savior
b)Understand passages like John 6:66 and Revelation 2
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
While shopping at Costco, today, Kalena and Sara were sitting side by side in the cart while I picked out some fruit. Across the isle was a little girl parked in her cart, and of course Kalena struck up a friendly "conversation" with the little girl.
"Is that your mommy?" she asked, gesturing to the adult next to the little girl.
The other little girl was a little younger than Kalena, I think, and she just stared blankly back at her.
"This is my mommy," she continued, pointing enthusiastically at me.
Still no response, but of course this didn't slow Kalena a bit as she continued to talk to the girl, waving and trying to get the girl to wave back. When it was time to move on we said good bye to the little girl, who was still sitting expressionless in her cart (maybe she didn't speak English?).
As I pushed the cart away I asked Kalena, "Kalena, did you make a friend?" hoping Kalena wouldn't feel badly that the girl never responded.
"Yeah, I did," she said happily. "Mommy, she was SOOOOOOOO nice."