Friday, September 18, 2009

Spiritual Care Plan

Assessment- Evaluate problem areas in your life. Choose one problem area to do a care plan on. What is the evidence that this is a problem in your life? Ask others to evaluate your life.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
Diagnosis- What is the sin?

Heart Issue- What is the deeper heart problem?

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else And is desperately sick; Who can understand it? "I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give to each man according to his ways, According to the results of his deeds."


Renewing your Mind and Renewing Your Actions:
(A) Outcome Identification (B) Action Plan

Renewing Your Mind-
A. How does your mind/heart need to change in order for your actions to change? How can your thinking in this area glorify the Lord?
B. What is your plan to make that change happen? This will always include making a list of scriptures and scripture reading and/or memorizing. How will you be held accountable for renewing your mind? Are there any books to read or sermons to listen to on this specific sin?

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.


Psalm 119:11 Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You.

Renewing your Actions-
A. Summarize what your life should look like in this area and in what time frame.
B. What specific things will you do to accomplish the desired outcome and when.

I Corinthians 9:27 I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

Evaluation- How is it going? Do you need to change your plan? Was your outcome identification realistic? Are you being successful to renew your mind? Are you beginning to think differently?


EXAMPLE:

Spiritual Care Plan: Laziness- By Jennifer Lyon, 2008

Assessment: I am a stay at home mom with only two children who are very good and easy children. My house is not clean. My to do list is long and has been that way for a long time. I start things and don’t finish them. I procrastinate my household chores. My husband isn’t getting the attention I should be giving him, his laundry is often not done and ironed when he needs it.

Diagnosis- Laziness.

Heart issue- Selfishness


Renewing my Mind:
A. Outcome Identification
My heart should desire, every minuet of every day, to be fruitful and effective for the Lord’s Kingdom more than I desire to appease my flesh and do things that are “idol” or have no eternal value.
I should desire to love and serve my family above having my own time of rest and relaxation.

B. Action Plan
I will read through the scriptures every morning that pertain to laziness and glorifying God with my time. I will have my accountability partner hold me accountable to doing this.
I will continue my time in the word and time in prayer, asking God to strengthen me against the temptation to be lazy.
Any time I feel the temptation to be lazy I will reflect on the gospel, and worship God for what he has done for me on the cross. I will think about how short our life really is and how much I want to do for the Lord. I will remind myself that maybe this will be my last day here on Earth.

Renewing My Actions
A. Outcome Identification
Within one week I should have a routine scheduled on paper where all my time is taken up by important things in the order that my priorities should be. I will have scheduled rest time and stick to those scheduled times instead of resting whenever I feel like it.
In two weeks my house should be organized down to the closets
Everyday this week Justin should get all his laundry done, and meals nicely prepared
Everyday this week I should spend at least ½ hr in prayer and ½ hr studying the Word (as planned into my written out schedule.


B. Action Plan
I will go to bed at a reasonable hour (by 11pm) to be able to
get up at 7am.
I will start tomorrow and everyday for a week I will write down what I am doing and how long it takes me on the essential things in my schedule. At the end of the week I should have a routine scheduled on paper. I will schedule in the periods when I will rest during the day.
I will begin by tomorrow organizing the hall coat closet, and Tuesday I will work on the bedroom closet and Wed I will do the bathroom and bedroom hall closets. Thurs and Friday I will organized the Laundry room and kitchen closet/drawers.
I will do laundry every time the hamper fills up
I will start a dinner list tomorrow morning and go to the store and reserve the time each day to make what I have planned.
I will have my core group and phone buddy keep me accountable for spending the time in the Word and prayer I will ask God everyday this week to help me be productive for Him. I will write out my schedule tonight. I ask my phone buddy to keep me accountable to sticking to my schedule.


VERSES TO FIGHT LAZINESS!!

Ephesians 5:15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16making the most of your time, because the days are evil.

Proverbs 6:9
Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise,
7Which, having no chief, Officer or ruler, 8Prepares her food in the summer
And gathers her provision in the harvest. 9How long will you lie down, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? 10"A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to rest"-- 11Your poverty will come in like a vagabond And your need like an armed man.

Proverbs 20:13
13Do not love sleep, or you will become poor; Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with food.

Proverbs 19:15
15Laziness casts into a deep sleep, And an idle man will suffer hunger.

Proverbs 22:13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion outside; I will be killed in the streets!"

Proverbs 20:4The sluggard does not plow after the autumn, So he begs during the harvest and has nothing.

Proverbs 12:11He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, But he who pursues worthless things lacks sense.

Proverbs 10:26 Like vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, So is the lazy one to those who send him.

Proverbs 13:4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, But the soul of the diligent is made fat.

Proverbs 19:24 24The sluggard buries his hand in the dish, But will not even bring it back to his mouth.

Proverbs 15: 19The way of the lazy is as a hedge of thorns, But the path of the upright is a highway.

Matthew 25 :14-30 Parable of the talents
26"But his master answered and said to him, 'You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed.
27'Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest.
28'Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.'
29"For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.
30"Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Other Helpful Thoughts:
Sluggard- The Character and Cure of It
Sleeps Irresponsibly
Makes excuses
Procrastinates
Spends time on worthless activities
Self-neglect/craves and gets nothing
A Sluggard is someone who is lazy, has no ambition, doesn’t work
Results of Laziness- hunger, lack of energy, slothful, habitually lazy
Indolent= avoiding and disliking all work
*It is easier to prevent laziness than to correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment