Thursday, March 4, 2010

Three and a Half!!

Our sweet Kalena is now 3 and 1/2 years old. We love her so much, she brings such joy and peace into our lives. Kalena askes me to cuddle her every night before bed and I love it so much. I never want her to stop wanting to cuddle (when Kalena cuddles, she puts me in a headlock then presses her cheek against mine then rocks back and forth)!!
Kalena has been really inquisitive lately and it seem she is reaching a new milestone for her little brain. She has been reading easy words like mom and can. She can read and spell both her and Sara's names as well. The best thing she has asked me lately is "Mommy, how does God punish big people?" and "Mommy, who spanks you when you sin?" She also memorized her first Bible verse this month (Galations 5:22)

While watching the movie Annie today with our cousins, Kalena turned to me and said "Mommy, can you always be here for me?" It was precious. She also tried to tell me I had bad breath (after a spicy Mexican dinner) by telling me "Mommy, your air feels bad". Kalena is such a great big sister to Sara and Katelyn. She gets really worried about Sara if we are walking and Sara runs ahead or behind us. Several times Sara has even made Kalena panic and cry out of fear that Sara would get lost. She loves to cuddle Katelyn (clearly her favorite activity of the day :) and I hear her several times a day imitate me when talking to Katelyn when Katelyn is fussy or crying. She will say "Oh sweet baby, it's OK" just like I do, even with the same tone of voice. Kalena is so tender hearted and we just can't get enough of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment