Christianity is not about a set of rules to follow, or about what you do or don't do.
It is about a loving God who wants to have a loving relationship with you.
It is about loving Him back with every breath, action, word and thought.
Because we love Him we have a passionate desire to live a life pleasing to Him.
Matthew 5:48 Therefore you are to be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect. James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Accountability Questions (adapted from Heather Johansen’s Questions):
1. Have you lied, cheated, deceived, stolen or been in any other way dishonest this week?
a. Have you obeyed all governing authorities God has placed over you?
2. Have you desired anything or anyone above God or made anything else besides God your #1 priority?
a. Have you put your time with the Lord above all else this week?
b. Have you done your quiet time in the Word and prayer with the Lord every day this week?
c. How many days this week did you set aside time to study the word and pray eliminating all distractions?
3. Have you had an attitude of jealousy or covetousness towards anyone or their possessions this week?
4. Have you placed yourself or others in any tempting situations regarding lust?
a. Have your thoughts been completely free of impurity/lust this week?
b. Have you had any thoughts of dissatisfaction with being single or married?
c. Have you acted inappropriately to anyone else causing them to lust or sin sexually?
d. Have you treated everyone else as a brother/ sister in Christ regarding purity?
5. Have you been angry or harbored bitterness towards anyone else this week?
6. Have you been afraid or anxious about anything this week?
7. Have you allowed any unwholesome talk, slander, gossip or hard words to pass your lips?
8. Have you been lazy or gluttonous this week? Have you taken care of your body through physical exercise and proper eating and sleeping habits?
a. Have you used your time wisely?
9. Have you allowed any person or circumstance to rob you of your joy?
10. Have you thought more highly of yourself than others in any situation, or done something to pridefully place yourself in a better light to those around you?
The following is a list which CJ Mahaney included in his book "Why Small Groups" from something that Samuel Wesley used in the 1700's.
Introductory/Heart Condition Questions:
1) Have you peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ?
2) Do you desire to be told of your faults?
3) Do you desire that every one of us should tell you, from time to time, whatsoever is in our heart concerning you?
4) Consider! Do you desire that we should tell you whatsoever we think, whatsoever we fear, whatsoever we hear, concerning you?
5) DO you desire that, in doing this, we should become as close as possible, that we should cut to the quick, and search your heart to the bottom?
6) Is it your desire and design to be on this, and all other occasions, entirely open, so as to speak everything that is in your heart, without exception, without disguise, and without reserve?
Weekly Accountability Questions:
1) What known sin have you committed since our last meeting?
2) What temptations have you met with?
3) How were you delivered?
4) What have you thought, said, or done, of which you doubt whether it be sin or not?