Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Proverbs 31 not 21!!

Recently I have struggled through saying no to various commitments I would love to do for the Lord. Our community group leaders, Mark and Amy Wenslawski, sent me an article that was really convicting and encouraging at the same time. As I desire to be a Proverbs 31 woman, I fear in my desire to do it all, I have become a Proverbs 21 woman!  Here is a short clip of the article they sent me from the gospel coalition:


"Many women's Bible studies discuss how to become a "Proverbs 31 woman." An excellent wife, who can find! These studies would also do well to caution women against becoming a "Proverbs 21 woman." "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. It is better to live in a desert land than with a quarrelsome and fretful woman (Proverbs 21:9, 19)...  Are you a quarrelsome and fretful wife? Are you the common denominator of dissension and strife in your home? Or are you a supportive and helpful wife? Are you building your home by God's grace in order to bring it under the headship of your husband to the glory of Jesus? Or do you foolishly tear down your home with your own hands (Proverbs 14:1)?"

My wonderful mentor Cindy McCary gave me some very wise words today. She told me a lot of times we try hard to do things the Lord has NOT called us to do. She also advised that only... and ONLY... when the ministry God has called you to is completely in order, can you even think about adding another ministry.  I have always known this in principal and have tried to apply it, but it has really "hit home" in the past month as my kids and hubby have needed me more than ever in the various stages of their lives.  There are only so many hours in the day, and all my hours are now filled up.  All other good and wonderful things I want to do for the Lord will have to wait until another season of life.  I have a new and divine peace in this area of my life, and I am loving my wonderful God who is so faithful to me and is always teaching me and guiding me. He sends people and circumstances consistently in my life that fit together like a puzzle to teach me things, there is no way it could all happen by chance. I would be insane if I didn't trust him fully.  He is so gentle, patient, and loving to me... my heart overflows with love back to Him!!  I am so grateful for all the wonderful people God has put in my life to encourage me and spur me on towards godliness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment